This month on Open Apple, we sit down with Ben Heck, one of our most-requested interviews. We talk about his Apple I replica, his Apple IIgs laptop, and Adam Sandler for some reason. Meanwhile, Mike and Quinn talk about Apple Porsches, Pinball Construction Set, and Western Design Center. In the comedy department, we get back to our roots (making fun of Wizardry).
There’s potato chips, there’s troll pits, there’s 3D printing, and all kinds of other wandering off topic this month, so be sure to stay tuned for none of that.
We’re looking forward to a great new year with the Apple II, so join us as we kick off what is sure to be an awesome 2015!
More information on everything discussed in this episode after the jump.
- Porsche Apple – Replica of the 935K3 LeMans Porsche in Apple livery.
- A2Central – The number one Apple II news site. Go there! Now!
- A2Central Contact – Want to help out? Here’s how.
- Ben Heck – Ben’s blog.
- Ben Heck Show – Ben’s YouTube channel.
- Apple I Replica – Ben’s three part series on the project.
- Apple IIGS Laptop – Every Apple II fan’s favorite project of Ben’s.
- Replica I – Vince Briel’s awesome kit.
- Nishida Radio – The man, the wizard, the legend.
- Ben’s Chip Clip – A rite of passage.
- Pet Conversions – File his legs down a bit!
- Pinball Construction Set – The source code released! Boo Atari.
- 65xx Dev Boards – Now available for purchase (sort of).
- CiderPress 4.0.0 – Squeeze more out of your disk images (nyuk nyuk).
- Assembly Lines – Chris Torrence’s book now available. Buy it or Quinn will kick a kitten.
- Woz & Kari – New reality show “The Woz”, with Kari Byron.
- Wizard of Oz – It’s official.
- BMP2DHR – Bill Buckels’ graphics converter.
- VirtualApple2 – Updates to the coolest Apple II browser emulator.
- Lamb Chops – Brian Picchi releases his source code.
- Akalabeth on GOG – A good? old game.
- Ultima Progression – Jimmy Maher walks through the evolution of the best CRPG.
- Two Apple I – The latest in two-chip Apple I replicas.
- Arduino Apple – A replica of the Apple I based on an Arduino.
- AVRFreaks – The hub for Atmel microcontroller community.
- KLOV – An arcade collector community.
- Adafruit – An awesome hobbyist hardware source.
- Guest Lecture – Quinn makes an appearance at Stanford.
- KansasFest – Watch this space to see when KFest 2015 will be!