This month on Open Apple, Ken takes the month off as Mike chats with Apple IIGS programmer Geoff Weiss, who does double-duty as both guest and co-host. Geoff discusses his work on the Spectrum Internet Suite and debuts some new Classic Desk Accessories for the IIGS, based on his KansasFest 2012 presentation. Mike and Geoff go over some recent Apple II news, such as Brutal Deluxe’s latest software offering, a missing time capsule, a visit to the Russian Apple Museum in Moscow, and Woz’s Ask Me Anything on Slashdot, as well as Apple II-related movie and TV items.
eBay items this month include a Franklin ACE-based educational unit and Geoff and Mike pause to puzzle over an Apple II Plus emulator for the Commodore 64. A discussion of recent Apple-1 auctions rounds out the episode this month.
Click past the jump for links mentioned in this episode.
- Geoff Weiss’s homepage
- Geoff Weiss’s Spectrum Internet Suite
- Ewen Wannop’s homepage
- Apple II History
- Spectrum Internet Suite at 16Sector Store
- Geoff Weiss’ Classic Desk Accessories
- Apple II web hosting
- MacGUI City
- Brutal Deluxe’s I’m fEDD Up!
- krue’s fortycolumns gallery
- Woz’s AMA on Slashdot
- Alex Lee’s visit to a Russian Apple Museum
- The Gibson Light Pen
- Missing Time Capsule
- Person of Interest: Bad Code
- Wreck-It Ralph
- Petition to Apple to create a public visitor’s center at its new HQ
- Stanford’s Apple Collection Archives
- Shadowgate Kickstarter
- The New Apple II User’s Guide price reduction
- Castle Wolfenstein movie announced