Each episode of Open Apple invites listeners to enter the "Name the Game" contest. It's fun and easy: just listen to a brief sound clip (usually 10–15 seconds) from an Apple II game and see if you can name it. The game could be 8-bit or 16-bit, thirty years old or one month old. Since we offer the audio only, there's no sense searching the Internet for the answer — either you know it or you don't!
We have some pretty simple rules by which this contest is played:
- Entries are accepted from the episode's air date until 9 AM MT on the first Saturday of the next calendar month.
- All entries must be sent either to the email address specified in the episode, or via this Web site's contact form.
- All entries, regardless of answer, will receive an email confirmation before the deadline.
- The winner is chosen randomly from all correct answers, making everyone eligible to win; it is not a "first come, first served" scenario.
- The winner is announced on the next monthly episode after the contest opens.
- Limit one win per quarter. For example, if we air an audio clip in February and announce you as the winner in March, you can next enter to win the May contest.
- Prizes may not be exchanged or substituted, or redeemed for cash value.
- This contest is valid in all cities, states, countries, and territories.
KansasFest 2011 is now open for registration, and Open Apple will be there! Be sure to attend our session to go behind the scenes of the show, learn our recording and editing techniques, and hear sound clips you won't find anywhere else. Who knows — you could end up on the next episode!
To be sure you're joining us at KansasFest, we're giving away a $25 discount toward your registration. All you have to do is "Name the Game!" on the April episode of Open Apple. Still can't make it to KansasFest? We'll substitute
a snazzy shirt, mailed to wherever you are this summer. Both prizes are courtesy KansasFest sponsor 16 Sector.
We look forward to seeing you in Kansas City this July!
Thanks to everyone who has participated in the Name the Game contest so far! We're excited to see so much enthusiasm for this segment of the Open Apple podcast.
Please note that there was also a glitch that prevented the submissions address from working in the first 24 hours after Open Apple debuted. We confirm all entries, so if you haven't received a response to your submission, please try again. To enter, please email us at the address given in the show, or by selecting "Name the Game" from the dropdown on our contact form.
Some further clarifications regarding the rules: Entries will be accepted up until March 2. From all correct entries, one winner will be selected at random and announced on the next episode of the podcast. Winners will be contacted via email; you do not need to listen to win. The contest is open to inhabitants of any and all states and countries. Prize substitutions are not allowed.
Good luck to all entrants, and thanks for listening!