This month on Open Apple, Ken Gagne speaks with Wayne Arthurton, who recently attended his first KansasFest since 2004, and Paul Hagstrom and Jeremy Rand, both first-time attendees at the world's premier annual Apple II convention. In this panel-format discussion, the four veterans discuss their personal highlights from the show, what motivated them to attend, and their favorite sessions, HackFest challenges, keynote speaker memories, vendor fair purchases, and more.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Wayne Arthurton's homepage
- Paul Hagstrom's homepage
- Jeremy Rand's homepage
- Jason Scott's "Floppy Disks: It's Too Late"
- Axion portable televisions
- Martin Haye's Short
- The Geeks Who Saved Prince of Persia's Source Code From Digital Death
- Mike Willegal's SUPERPROTO Card
- David Finnigan's The New Apple II User's Guide (as purchased by Jeremy Rand)
- Rich Dreher's CFFA3000
- Jeremy Rand's HackFest project: CurtaSim
- Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe"